07 November 2009

Welcome

So at some point between the present and the past, I began to enjoy writing fiction. Short stories -- sometimes as short as a paragraph. But also, longer works -- a book I've been working on called Matryoshka, and a TV series I've been working on with Johnny. I do get writer's block sometimes, and when that happens I write a little "excerpt from." A scene from a story somewhere else in space (some-when else in time...). There'll be no real setup, and it's not really going anywhere, but it helps, and I think they're interesting enough to post here. Thus the title.

This isn't a "stuff happened in my life" blog. If you want to know what's going on in my life, well, we evolved mouths for a reason, and I'd much rather catch you up over coffee. This is for posting some of my writings, and getting critiques. So yeah, comments are welcome. I'd go as far as to say that they are mandatory, but as I have no real way of enforcing that, I'll just be polite about it.

I'll be posting two excerpts immediately after this post, and then placing a link to this blog on my facebook. Maybe I'll twitter my myspace, and google the blagosphere, and collapse into a coma suffering from severe web 2.0 overdose.

Today's quote:
"The fact of twilight does not mean you cannot tell day from night." ~Samuel Johnson (Thanks, Natalie!)

No comments:

Post a Comment