11 November 2009

Internal Monologue

"Paul, come in, sit down."

Come on come on come on come on. Gimme the job. Gimme the job. Come on.

"We've been reviewing your application..."

And you'd love to extend the position to me?

"...very strong credentials, very strong. You came so highly recommended..."

That you'd gladly fire the entire board and give me all of their salaries?

"...from your professors at Lehigh, I had to..."

Explode in your pants and hire me immediately?

"...pass your resumé along to a couple alum here. They said if Professor Gellert was commending you..."

My balls must be gigantic enough to earn six figures and pay off my student loans pretty please?

"...I should hire you immediately. So Paul, I'd love to extend this opportunity for you to--"

"Bend this company over and fuck it so hard it vomits money?"

"..."

Shit. Shit!

"When can you start?"

No comments:

Post a Comment