07 November 2009

A Proposition

He said, "Do you want to sleep with me?" and she said, "Excuse me?"

He said again, "Do you want to sleep with me, " this time more as a statement than a question, and exasperated, she replied "What kind of woman do you think I am, exactly?"

He sat next to her on the empty subway seat and said, "The kind of woman that likes to keep things simple. The kind of woman that's tired of complications, missed calls, duplicitous intent, cheating, backstabbing, and everything else that comes with men. The kind of woman that has entertained this thought before, because she didn't immediately say 'No.' And the kind of woman that wants to know what it is about me that makes me able to walk up to a stranger on the morning commute and ask if they want to sleep together, fully confident in the knowledge that it will be well worth the time. So I'll ask you again -- do you want to sleep with me?"

And blushing, a "yes" leaves her lips before she has time to stop it. As she turns an even deeper shade of crimson, he smiles and says, "Well now that that's out of the way, do you want to get some coffee?"

No comments:

Post a Comment